In the Age of Information, Secure Data Destruction is an important base to have covered when disposing of IT assets. The advent of Cloud Computing and Big Data pose new challenges for privacy protection and avoiding data leakages. More devices now contain data and information than ever before.
To help protect individuals and organisations from privacy and data breaches, new amendments to the Privacy Protection Act 1988 have been enacted. On 12th March 2014, the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) began enforcing a harmonised set of 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), with harsh penalties for privacy and data breaches.
Devices such as mobile phones and network equipment are items often overlooked as a source of data breaches. Devices that may contain confidential or private information which may be result in a data or privacy breach if not properly disposed of include:
- Computers & Laptops
- Mobile Phones & Tablets
- Servers and Network Equipment
- External Hard Drives
- USB thumb drives
- CDs and DVDs
- Printers & Copy Machines
Before disposing of potentially sensitive items for recycling or re-use, you should always check to ensure that the service provider through which you are disposing of these items is appropriately qualified to provide a safe, secure and permanent solution.
Take control of what happens to your data by using a Secure Data Destruction service to safely dispose of your old or damaged equipment.
Total Green can provide you with safe, secure and cost effective solutions to suit the requirements of your organisation:
Blancco is widely recognised as the most accredited erasure solution on the market today. Total Green now has a volume licensing agreement in place with Blancco Australia Ltd which provides us with access to low-cost Blancco Erasure solutions for a large range of equipment:
- Hard Drives – all IDE, SATA, SAS & Solid State (SSD) Hard Drive Types
- Computers & Laptops
- Servers and HDD Storage Arrays
- Large SAN systems (including onsite erasure solutions)
- Mobile Phones & PDAs
- Smart Phones & Tablets
- USB thumb drives & External Hard Drives
- All Erasures are 100% guaranteed by Blancco.
- Blancco securely erases all sectors of the Hard Drive, including password protected, hidden or DCO areas.
- Each Erasure comes with a Serialised Report which can be used to verify & prove that all data has been completely erased.
In addition to Blancco Erasures, Total Green also offers a Physical Destruction service for equipment on request. Physical destruction is the default procedure used for all SCSI and very old hard drives.
Here at Total Green we are committed to providing our customers with complete, transparent solutions and the very best of service. What makes us unique is that we are one of Perths only nationally recognised E-waste Recyclers, which means we process all of your equipment right here at our ISO 14001 accredited facility.
Deal direct and save. Dealing directly with us enables you to save costs and eliminate the middle-man. We offer a range of solutions tailored to suit almost any IT disposal requirement:
- Convenient collection of equipment direct from your office
- Serialised Asset Tracking & Asset Audit Reports
- Free single-pass Blancco Erasure included as standard on most hard drives and devices received
- Free E-waste Recycling for approved items
- Item Rebates paid for current or late model equipment