Western Australians produce around 25kg of electronic waste each every year.📱🎧💿🖥🖨🖱📹📠📺
⚠️ E-waste is growing at THREE times the rate of general household waste in Australia.⚠️
An estimated 140,000+ tonnes of televisions and computers reach the end of their life each year in Australia – the equivalent of about four 2km-long trains full of iron ore.
AND‼️ More than a third of this goes into landfill.☠️😤
So please do the right thing and follow these steps below next time your old TV, mobile or laptop die:
- Wait until an item reaches the end of its life before replacing it.
- Never put e-waste items in your general waste bin.
- Find a local drop-off point.
- Ask your local council when is the next e-waste collection event.
- For a large number of items request a free quote.
- Drop your items off and pat yourself on the back knowing you’ve done the right thing.