In April we recovered 208,315 Kg of materials. That’s about 30 Tyrannosaurus rex of material recovered last month. We achieved 91.5% recovery rate for desktop computers and refurbished and repurposed total of 3,711 items.
Top 5 performing councils in WA
Congratulations to our TOP e-waste recycling champions in April 19′.
- City of Stirling = 47.7 T
- Mindarie Regional Council (Tamala Park Waste Facility) = 15.3 T
- Shire of Northam = 8.21 T
- City of Kalamunda = 6.42 T
- City of Melville = 5.2 T
Top 5 performing companies in WA
- Toshiba Australia – WA Warehouse = 3.7 T
- ACE Copiers Rockingham = 3.4 T
- Canon Recoverable WA – PTT WA Pty Ltd = 3.4 T
- Officeworks East Victoria Park = 0.8 T
- DXC Technology = 0.6 T
Materials recovered from e-waste
In April we recovered 208,315 Kg of materials. That’s about 30 Tyrannosaurus rex of material recovered last month.
Top 10 items recycled
In April we recycled total of 18,151 items. Did you know that 1,065 PCs we processed contain just over 170 grams of gold and 800 grams of silver? That is 170 of golden business cards just like the one we were gifted by Mitsubishi Materials last week.
Fan fact: If turned on all 231 vacuum cleaners we recycled in April at the same time, we would have filtered air from a large house at just over 10,000L/second.
Top items refurbished and repurposed
In April we refurbished 3,711 items. Our recovery rate for desktop computers was 91.5% meaning that from 718 computers we received we were able to refurbish and re-purpose 657.