March was a busy month especially for our Asset Management team. We have recovered 163 tonnes of materials from e-waste and refurbished and repurposed 4,755 items.
Top 5 performing councils in WA
Congratulations to our TOP 5 e-waste recycling councils in March 19′.
- City of Stirling = 49.02 T
- Mindarie Regional Council (Tamala Park Waste Facility) = 19.82 T
- City of Busselton = 14.76 T
- Bunbury Harvey Regional Council = 9.85 T
- Shire of Mundaring = 6.4 T
- Toshiba Australia – WA Warehouse = 3.02 T
- Canon Recoverable WA – PTT WA Pty Ltd = 3 T
- Schneider Electric (Australia) Pty Ltd = 2.37 T
- Smartvision = 1.75 T
- Curtin University = 1.47 T
In March we recovered 162,461 Kg of materials. That’s about 75 rhinoceros of material recovered last month.
Top 10 items recycled
In March we recycled 1,987 flatscreen televisions. Now let’s get creative. If you placed 1,987 flat screen TVs side by side in a square forming a large TV it would form a three (3!) times larger TV screen than the super-screen located in Optus stadium. (Which is by the way the largest screen in the southern hemisphere.)
Top items refurbished and repurposed
In March we refurbished 4,755 items which is twice as much as in February.