Here are your monthly e-waste statistics brought to you by the largest recycler in Western Australia.
In August we recovered 233,748 kg of materials and recycled 40,334 items.
Top 10 performing councils in WA
Congratulations to our TOP e-waste recycling champions in August 2022!
- City of Stirling = 57.5T
- Mindarie Regional Council = 14.1T
- City of Armadale = 14T
- City of Rockingham = 12.4T
- City of Cockburn = 8.7T
- City of Swan = 5.9T
- Western Metropolitan Regional Council = 5T
- City of Mandurah = 4.6T
- Shire of Manjimup = 4.5T
- City of Busselton = 4.4T
Materials recovered from e-waste
Overall in August, we recovered 233,748 kg of materials. Ferrous metals accounting for 107 tonnes this month.
- Ferrous Metals = 107T
- Plastic = 56T
- Precious Metal Composites = 29.9T
- Non Ferrous Metal = 19.2T
- Batteries = 9T
- Composite Materials = 4.3T
- Ink and Toner = 4.1T
- Non-Leaded Glass = 1.7T
- Leaded Glass = 1.1T
- Fluorescent lightglobes = .4T
- Wood = .1T
Top 10 items recycled
In August we recycled a total of 40,334 items. All these items were diverted from landfill.
- Computer Peripherals = 13,500
- Flatscreen TV’s = 5,679
- Miscellaneous items = 4,487
- Keyboard, Mouse, etc = 4,122
- Small Kitchen Appliances = 2,090
- Desktop PCs = 1,004
- Laptops = 1,003
- Inkjet Printers = 907
- Fans & Heaters = 838
- Modem/Router = 830
You can see what happens to this E-waste here: What does the process of recycling e-waste look like