Here are your monthly e-waste statistics brought to you by the largest e-waste recycler in WA.
In May 2023 we recovered 253,800 kg of materials and recycled 38,497 items.
Top 10 performing councils in WA
Congratulations to our TOP e-waste recycling champions in May 2023!
- City of Stirling = 60.1T
- Bunbury Harvey Regional Council = 15.2T
- City of Armadale = 12.2T
- Mindarie Regional Council = 11.9T
- Shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale = 8.8T
- City of Mandurah = 7.9T
- City of Kalamunda = 5.7T
- City of Busselton = 4.8T
- City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder = 4.5T
- Western Metropolitan Regional Council = 4.4T
Materials recovered from e-waste
Through the month of May, we processed 347,551 kgs and recovered 253,800 kgs of materials. 55% of this recovered material was ferrous metals, accounting for 140 tonnes during the month.
- Ferrous Metals = 140.9T
- Plastic Sent to Landfill = 64.7T
- Plastic Recycled = 44.5T
- Non-Ferrous Metal = 32.0T
- Precious Metal Composites = 20.0T
- Batteries = 4.9T
- Ink and Toner = 4.2T
- Composite Materials = 4.1T
- Wood = 1.1T
- Non-Leaded Glass = 0.73T
Top 10 items recycled
This month we recycled a total of 38,497 items. All these items were diverted from landfill.
You can see what happens to this E-waste here: What does the process of recycling e-waste look like