Here are your monthly e-waste statistics brought to you by the largest recycler in Western Australia.
In July we recovered a record amount of e-waste! – 271,576 of kg or materials and recycled 28,803 items. That’s 16 Transperth buses in weight diverted from landfill just this month!
Top 10 performing councils in WA
Congratulations to our TOP e-waste recycling champions in July 2020!
- City of Stirling = 60.6 T
- City of Greater Geraldton = 16 T
- Mindarie Regional Council = 13.7 T
- City of Mandurah = 8.7 T
- City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder = 7.8 T
- City of Armadale = 7.6 T
- WMRC = 6.8 T
- Bunbury Harvey Regional Council = 5.4 T
- City of Busselton = 5 T
- City of Bayswater = 4.9 T
- Konica Minolta = 44.5 T
- Ricoh = 10 T
- Kyocera = 4.7 T
- Online Business eSystems = 4.2 T
- Ewaste Management Solutions = 3.8 T
- Datatel Electrical & Communications – Naval Base = 3.7 T
- Canon = 3.6 T
- BHP – Yandi Minesite = 2.5 T
- SRS Panasonic = 2.3 T
- Schneider Electrical = 2.1 T
Overall in July, we recovered 271,576 Kg of materials. That’s 16 Transperth buses of materials recovered and diverted from our landfills.
In July we recycled a total of 28,803 items. Amongst other electronics, 4,025 flat-screen TVs were recycled and diverted from landfill.
In July we refurbished 1,295 items. Unfortunately, a large number of items we receive is still requested to be recycled instead of refurbished. Last month we received a lot of iPads for destruction from schools. These could have been, tested, securely wiped and safely re-used.